Marco Polo Cruises LLC take its customers privacy very seriously.
Marco Polo Cruises LLC - our simplified Privacy Statement
Who are we?
We are Marco Polo Cruises LLC, an American Limited Liability Company. Our registered address is 2430 FDR Drive Service Rd E, New York, NY 10010.
How do you use my Information (Data)?
When you contact Marco Polo Cruises LLC, make an enquiry, purchase tickets or redeem a voucher we ask you for certain information specifically your name and email address. In some instances we may also ask for your telephone number and zip (postcode) number. The information that we ask is classified as 'Personal data'. We need this information so that we can either reply to you or process your ticket.
Information we collect about you
We store your information in a database. All 'Personal data' in that database is encrypted. This means that we do not save and store your information in plain text so that anybody can read it. Access to any 'Personal data' from our database requires 2 things.
- A secure login
- The correct code that can decrypt and information.
How long do we retain your Data for?
Obviously we need to store and have access to your information in order to either reply to you or process your ticket/s. We also need to store and have access to your information for the explicit purpose of cruise inventory as required by Maritime Law where we are required to maintain Passenger Manifests. If you have agreed to receive our newsletter or further email news about our services and cruises and updates we may store your information until we receive your instruction that you no longer wish to receive further email news about our services and cruises . If you have not agreed to receive our newsletter or further email news about our services and cruises we may collect and store your information for up to 28 calendar days from the date of your ticket.
Information we receive from other sources
We work closely with analytics providers, hosting providers and search information providers from whom we may also receive information about you. We use this information:
- to provide our Service to you
- For error logging and monitoring issues in providing the Service and our site
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them
- For the purposes of keeping our site safe and secure
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information; products and services that you request from us
- To notify you about changes to our Service; and
- We may publish feedback or support requests you send us in order to clarify or respond to your request, or to help support other users.
Where is your Data Stored?
Personal data may be processed in the US or in the European Economic Area (EEA) by our third party data storage and hosting provider, depending on the location of the server cluster that has been selected as part of our Service, so their processing of your personal information may involve a transfer of data outside of the EEA.
Mainly our providers are based in the US and they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
What about websites we Link To?
Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
What are your rights under Data Protection laws?
- Right of access
- You are entitled to receive confirmation as to whether your personal data is being processed by us, as well as various other information relating to our use of your personal data.
- You also have the right to access your personal data which we are handling.
- You can exercise this right by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Right to rectification
- You have the right to require us to correct any inaccurate personal data we hold about you. You also have the right to have incomplete personal data we hold about you completed, by providing a supplementary statement to us.
- Right to restriction
You can restrict our processing of your personal data where:
- You think we hold inaccurate personal data about you/
- Our handling of your personal data breaks the law, but you do not want us to delete it
- We no longer need to process your personal data, but you want us to keep it for legal reasons
- We are handling your personal data because we have a legitimate interest (as described in the 'How We Use Your Data' section above), and our are in the process of objecting to this use of your personal data.
- Right to data portability
- You have the right to receive the personal data we hold about you in a structured, standard machine-readable format and to send this to another organisation controlling your personal data. This right only applies to your personal data that we are handling because you consented to us using it or because there is a contract in place between us.
- Right to erasure
You have the right to require us to erase your personal data which we are handling in the following circumstances:
- We no longer need to use your personal data for the reasons we told you we collected it for
- Where we needed your consent to use your personal data and you have withdrawn your consent and there is no other lawful way we can continue to use your personal data
- You object to our use of your personal data and we have no compelling reason to carry on handling your personal data
- Our handling of your personal data has broken the law
- We must erase your personal data to comply with a law we are subject to
- Right to complain
- You can also exercise these rights by contacting us at Marco Polo Cruises LLC at 2430 Fdr Drive Service Rd E, New York, NY 10010 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org